Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Receptionists are responsible for liaising between doctors and patients and updating patient records. Common job duties of a Medical Receptionist are welcoming guests, taking phone calls, handling the correspondence, gathering patient information, collecting payments, and preparing receipts. Besides billing they are also required to process insurance.
A cover letter for Medical Receptionist should make display of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Computer literacy and the ability to use relevant software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Multitasking and the ability to work under pressure
- Information collection and management skills
An example Medical Receptionist cover letter showcasing similar assets is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Johnson:
As an experienced administrative professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a strong knowledge base in handling patient scheduling and high-volume multi-line phone systems, I am prepared to excel as your next Medical Receptionist.
Through success in coordinating medical charts, patient records, and appointment scheduling functions—as well as providing outstanding general administrative support—I am well versed in the nuances of the medical industry. I adeptly manage a high volume of administrative tasks daily while simultaneously delivering excellent patient service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Experience preparing documents, managing patient files, scheduling appointments, and organizing medical charts and materials while maintaining first-rate level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to manage patient information and medical records while ensuring adherence to strict regulatory mandates such as HIPAA.
- Communicating effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and senior management staff to facilitate highly efficient and productive medical office operations.
- Extensive secretarial / administrative background with strong abilities in full range of support tasks such as phone coverage, filing, and database management.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills; exceptional computer abilities with extensive software proficiencies.
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a great asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Crystal S. Simpson
Sample medical receptionist cover letter that will make building your own persuasive cover letter much easier.
Include information that is relevant to the job you are applying for and make sure you target each application to the specific medical receptionist job opportunity.
Your cover letter is your first chance to impress an employer - make the most of it by creating a pertinent and convincing introduction to your skills and experience.
Cover Letter for Medical Receptionist
Your Contact Details (phone and email)
Mrs Christine Foley
2000 Via Bella Blvd
Ruskin, FL 33573
Dear Mrs Foley
Your recent job posting for a Medical Receptionist immediately caught my attention as my experience and skills are a close match to your job requirements. I have enclosed my resume for your review and consideration. Please allow me to summarize my suitability for the position.
- Over X years experience in a busy and diverse medical office providing efficient client-centered service in all interactions and tasks
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects under frequent and numerous deadlines
- Track record of maintaining medical record integrity through accurate and efficient handling of confidential data
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment to ensure the smooth operation of the front office
- Solid MS Office and scheduling system experience with proficiency in medical terminology, CPT and ICD-9 coding
I thoroughly enjoy working in this type of environment and pride myself on responding quickly to all patient needs with empathy and professionalism. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to further discuss this job opportunity.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
There is tough competition for healthcare jobs. Make sure your job application stands out with an impressive medical receptionist cover letter that quickly convinces the employer to pay close attention to your resume and job application.
Typical Medical Receptionist Skills
You can build an effective cover letter by referring to your relevant skills required by the medical receptionist job opportunity.
- Able to organize tasks and deal constructively with interruptions and demanding patients
- Able to establish good working relationships with both patients and colleagues
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems using good judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to accurately collect and manage complete patient data
- Flexible with the ability to re-prioritize according to changing needs
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of medical terminology and medical office software
Your Medical Receptionist Job Search
Make sure you highlight all the required skills and abilities by using this Medical Receptionist Job Description
Medical Receptionist Sample Resume
Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Receptionist Cover Letter Tips
Medical Receptionist Job Interview
Receptionist Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Medical Receptionist
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page